2.04.2010

my night in the airport

Oh dear. So it's 2 am in the morning, I have roughly six hours until my flight from here, Panama City, to Costa Rica.

And boy what fun already.
So after getting permission/making sure I wouldn't be kicked out of the airport, I walked back from customs (after getting a stamp, sneaky me!) and found a boy from my flight looking like he was about to do the same thing as me.

Turns out he's Italian, and on his way from New York to Columbia, and his flight is not until 11:30 tomorrrow morning. And, well, I thought I was crazy for staying over.

Anyway. Turns out this new friend, Fabrizio (what a name!) prepared for this layover, and downloaded a ton of movies. all in italian. So we watched seven. in italian.

and fabri translated for me, kindda, and i translated greed and sloth etc.
and now we are facebook friends. what has this world come to.

As we speak, fabri and his mom are skyping, i forgot how beautiful italian is. it almost sounds fake, how beautiful, and the emphisis.... oh me oh my.

on the plane I met this incredible woman who was on her way from West Chester (where she and her hubby live) to Panama for a vacation sans husband, to visit family and celebrate her brothers 50th birthday.

We formed the red glasses row, and with an empty seat in between us it was down right deluxe.
I know my dad will cringe at the photo i'm about to post, but it reminded me of the old saying:

Red at night, sailors delight, red in the morn, sailors be warned. (except it was absolutely stunningly red. and dad is always right that it's never fully captured in the photo.)

anyway.... the movie watching set up worked out like this:

what you can't see so well, is the suitcase/tv stand.
it worked. 
italian sneaks > dirty dory sneaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment