1.29.2010

welcome to my horsey kingdom of internet delights?

THE BIG BLOG NEWS!

i'm going to share this with people, GASP!

I want to be able to show everyone what i'm doing when i'm doing it on my trip. mostly so everyone will be super jealous of my serious dream chasing/vacation times (where i just happen to be gone for most of february. sorry walt)

Anyway, I would like to officially welcome you, if you are reading this, and update this with the info necessary:

On the 3rd, I am leaving for Costa Rica to ride/relax/ride with the Carter family. It's something i've wanted to do and have been meaning to do for quite some time.
Then, in the 15th, we are all going to go to Guatemala for a horse show, where we will meet up with Other parts of the family and generally we will all kick some serious butt (i read fortunes did you not know?)
Now I am finally going down, thanks to my two wonderful jobs and my amazing boss' who are, however begrudgingly, encouraging this crazy trip.

(and also the never-taken-for-granted support of momma j, daddy dave, warrior princess, and of course; h. gold)

SO. here I go. My goals are:
**to do better than last year, aka: prove that i really can ride
**make my trainer, Amy, super proud of me and not let all her hours of ring time go to waste. (make everyone proud of me )
**NOT fall off.
**have loads of fun (i can't wait to see the kids!)
**soak up tons of vitamin D

See, every horse show/ stressful and exciting horsey thing i've ever done, my mom has made me make three goals. one seemingly super easy, one as a goal i can almost certainly achieve and one that wa always "have fun!"

anyway, i'm going to miss kittens and admiral, as well as some people. but i really, just can't wait.

this is my picture from last year:

pretty ok, but sloppy reins, thrown upper body, and loose leg. (super grumpy horse that bucked the whole first course) But this year... it'll be better!

cross my heart and hope not to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment