3.10.2011

feet in the sun

Another day in Paradise. (i believe this is how all the writings on the wall begin up on Watson Pond. ) Wonder Vu IS paradise, and so is this. Even though I escaped the worst of the storms this winter, working outside has left me a little weary and dried up... just the energy to move inside all the layers makes it that much more delightful to simply pull on my swim suit and shorts in the morning, and go for a stroll outside in the healing sun.

We came for my mom, and she is more active than i have seen her in months. Swinging on the swing under the almond tree, swimming in the ocean, ding yoga in the sun. walks on the beach.

Its good for all of us though. my dad has finally relaxed. (it only took four days that seemed like years each)
My sister, well, she is getting a much needed break from being the sole child at home.

and helen, is basking. soaking in the sun.

as for me.... i cant wait to get back to ride, but the sun, it just feels so good. i forgot what it was like to work up a sweat, and then not feel the chill seeping into the bones not five minutes later on the walk back to the barn from the arena.

but i will be excited to start up rooney's training again, the big red boy who never fails to trot over to the gate when he sees me headed his way.


but for the moment, i am happy to look out over the edge of the porch, and see my dad stretched out in a lounge chair (something i have never seen in my life) watching my mom scour the beach for treasures, her grasshopper like limbs folding up when she brings her nose closer to the sand for an inspection of that colorful shell or interestingly new plant specimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment