11.17.2009

things to adorn your body with....

I am fairly into body art of all kinds. piercings, tattoos, henna, the kind of stuff you have on you all the time. I have a few of my own, ever evolving.

my dad expressed from a very young age that he believes all f it to be mutilation. i think of it as art. and self. a way to express yourself, and decorate yourself. people have been doing it for eons. and it's beautiful.



Grandmother Agnes is one fo the 13 indigenous grandmothers who are doing some of the most incredible work for our future and the future of our grandchildren.
and stretching ears..... come on. when done tastefully....


how beautiful is she?

anyway....
I have spent many many hours sketching and throwing away ideas for things to but in myself... images and memories, and as a result, I am completely happy with my tattoos. they mean alot to me, and make me feel really good about myself.
granted I haven't had them for a decade yet, only about half that, some of them.... it's a process. I have a plan for when and under what conditions i will decorate some key places.. like my forearms.

i have ideas for more than i could ever fit on my body, but most of them aren't good enough. they need to be perfect, and images that i adore or created myself, or both!

anyway.... i think i started writing this because i could use a change... an addition... something to look at on myself, and think..... damn that's fucking beautiful.
because sometimes, well, we just don't do that enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment