11.19.2009

appaloosa

So. Appaloosa is a breed and a color when it comes to horses. when it comes to films, it is an absolute horror of a film. slow, drawn out, and renee zelwigger is the bane of my movie watching existence.

Now, the reason i bring this up, is because h and i have been watching a number of westerns lately, and it has reminded me that A. horses are far prettier than people and far more magnificent. and B. i really just want to be a dirty cowgirl that is covered in filth and rides all day. common, what could be better..... horses horses horses, awesome vests, sweet hand crafted riding boots, guns and dirt, all day, every day, in the hot sun. sounds ideal to me.





the ONLY good thing about the movie appaloosa was viggo mortensen. he is a fabulous actor, and has one of the best wardrobes, and a bonus in my book is that i heard he is a real live horse fellow.
now, a movie that you SHOULD see, hands down one of the most beautiful films i've ever seen, and proof that ben afleck is just shitty, is the movie: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Casey afleck is brilliant in it, not to mention the photography is just mesmerizing.

anyway, you should watch it, and then be a farm hand with me, or work on my farm with me one day... promise that dirt and horses will be all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment