7.31.2011

proud.

So. I am extremely lucky to have some of the most amazing people in my life. And really, I do not mean for this to be a "hey look how awesome/lucky/privileged I am" kind of comment, but really, i am all of those things. I have been blessed to have two incredibly loving parents who are comprehensively supportive, loving, and simultaneously two of the coolest adults I have ever met.

my father is an extremely accomplished photographer, lecturer and teacher. and of course, in my opinion, his most beautiful work is his woods series. few of which have seen the world outside of his darkroom and then those orange boxes that line the walls of their barn. he has an unparalleled eye. though i might be a little partial.

http://davidgrahamphotography.com/

my mother is an encyclopedia of herbal information. Latin names, classifications, native uses, common uses, historic European uses. anecdotes from texts written in the 17th century, anecdotes from lectures, classes, and herb walks from every herbalist who has crossed paths with her. not to mention she has always kept our family healthy and happy with her vast medicine cabinet made of mostly homemade remedies.

http://inthestillroom.blogspot.com/

they are SO cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment